September 16, 2018 – North of Toronto, Ontario
US and Canada Shows
Scroll for real-time Facebook posts, most recent listed first.
Wed Oct 17th, 2018
1912 Hupmobile Model H – Roger Hadfield, Milton, ON This car, built in Windsor, ON, was purchased new by Dr. Charles Ellis of Bradford, ON in 1912, from the Automobile and Supply Company Limited on Temperance Street. The car was sold to the second owner, Mr. Howard Bowsher, during the First World War. Neither Mr. Bowsher nor his wife drove it—ever. Mr. C. E. Daniel purchased the car in the spring of 1952; it had not been out of the Bowsher shed for 35 years. The roof had leaked for many years and was in ribbons. The floor was earth and the boards the wheels had rested on had rotted away so the wheels sunk several inches in the ground. The tires were rotten and the car was a sad, rusty sight. All accessories were missing – including the windshield – with the exception of the shells of the two headlights. Mr. Daniel began carrying out a restoration at once, and it was ready to drive the fall of 1953. The car was towed and the engine started when the clutch was thrown in. The Bosch high-tension magneto starts the car after choking on the first swing. The Hupp was the first to offer a steel body and streamlined low-profile design with the driveshaft tunnel in tonneau. The crankcase is cast aluminum, and the transmission and multiple-disc wet clutches are all lubricated by the engine oil. It is a right-hand-drive but with a centre-control “H”-type gear shift and emergency brake. The gas tank is in the cowl and it has an instrument board mounted with controls. It has a full floating rear axle with transverse rear spring and Hartford friction shock absorber. @cobblebeach #CBCdE2018 #winner ift.tt/2NM0tCO … See MoreSee Less
Mon Oct 15th, 2018
1910 Cadillac Model 30 Demi-Tonneau – Garry & Annette Potter, Oro Station, ON #Cadillac was formed in #1902 from the remains of one of #HenryFord’s early manufacturing adventures, making it the second-oldest #NorthAmerican car company (Buick is oldest). Financial backers called in well-known engineer Henry Leland to assess the value of the defunct Henry Ford Company. Rather than dissolve the company, Leland became a partner in a new car-making enterprise called #Cadillac, and began building a sturdy 7-hp chain-driven automobile. In 1909 Cadillac became part of #GeneralMotors, as its prestige division, and introduced the Model 30 Cadillac demi-tonneau, a 30-hp touring car. “Demi-tonneau” means the rear seat section is removable, allowing the owner to convert it to a roadster. The car on display is an authentically restored 1910 #Cadillac demi-tonneau originally shipped from Detroit on March 9, 1910 to a dealer in Hartford, CT, and purchased for $1800 by C. E. Badgley, president of the Bank of Canan. The original ownership and shipping documents still remain with the car. That family owned the car until 1990, when it was bought and eventually restored in South Carolina. The Potters purchased this Cadillac in 2010 and are the third owners of this multiple Concours d’elegance award-winner. Cadillac’s biggest selling points in 1910 were precision engineering and reliability, which earned it the reputation of the “Standard of the World.” The Potters’ 1910 wood-bodied Cadillac is equipped with acetylene headlights; kerosene side lamps; total-disposal engine oil lubrication (oil is dispersed onto the road); optional windshield; optional top; leather interior; and mechanically activated rear brakes. In 1910, right-hand-drive was standard (as were spark and throttle controls on the steering column) with the gear shift and parking brake located on the running board. The clutch is a leather coned type matched to a sliding-gear selective transmission. The electrical system is a dualignition setup with a magneto, and each system is able to independently operate the car. @cobblebeach #CBCdE2018 ift.tt/2Osur3O … See MoreSee Less
Very informative description
Mon Oct 15th, 2018
Thank you to Old Autos for the great coverage of the 2018 Cobble Beach Concours d’EleganceCheck out the October 15, 2018 issue that is released today for your coverage of Cobble Beach Concours D’Elegance 2018. A show that brought over 100 of North America’s finest to the banks of Georgian Bay. … See MoreSee Less
Thu Oct 11th, 2018
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our dear friend Terence Adderley. Terry has not only been an active member of our Board of Directors, over the years, he has generously and enthusiastically shared his world-renowned collection with us. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife Jennifer.www.crainsdetroit.com/deaths/longtime-kelly-services-leader-terence-adderley-dies-85?utm_source=m… … See MoreSee Less
Mon Oct 8th, 2018
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Be safe on the road this weekend. … See MoreSee Less
Thu Oct 4th, 2018
Rosemary McLeese Setting up this year’s awards at the 2018 Cobble Beach Concours d’Elegance … See MoreSee Less
Love Rosie’s dress pattern!!
I love the green stone carving of the Olds Aerotech. Is that the prize for the most aerodynamic car on show?
Thu Sep 20th, 2018
Outstanding Pre-war 6B-1942 Chrysler Windsor Town & Country "Barrelback", Vernon Smith, Swift Current, NL Best of Show 7A-1938 Delahaye 135MS Coupe, Robert S. Jepson, Jr., Savannah, GA Outstanding Post-war 8H-1958 Lancia Aurelia B24S Convertible by Pinin Farina, Robert Mirvis, Los Angeles, CA … See MoreSee Less