- This event has passed.
Des Moines Concours d’Elegance
September 12, 2021
Announcing Classes for the 2021 Des Moines Concours; Applications to Exhibit Now Being Accepted
The Iowa Automotive Heritage Foundation is pleased to announce our classes for the 2021 Des Moines Concours to benefit Children’s Cancer Connection. The event is scheduled for September 11th and 12th, 2021. The Heartland Driving Tour will take place on Saturday, September 11th on a route to be determined. The Concours will be held Sunday, September 12th in downtown Des Moines around the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden.
This year’s classes include our annual classes and three special classes.
· Antiques – Vehicles produced from the beginning of motor vehicles through 1927
· Early Collectibles – A broad range of cars and trucks produced between 1928 and 1942
· Atomic Age Collectibles – Vehicles with post-war styling built between 1946 and 1957
· Space Age Collectibles – Tailfins, loads of chrome, striking lights, and sleek body designs from 1958 to 1969
· Preservation – Unaltered survivors produced before 1970 with only minor updates like batteries, tires, and belts
· Classics – High-priced, low production, finely-designed automobiles produced from 1915 to 1948
· Exotics – Speed, power, and sleek, provocative designs make these cars an attraction to everyone
· American Muscle Cars – High-performance, rear-wheel drive mid- and full-size models up to 1970
· Motorcycle– Mechanical icons that influenced cultures with their design and engineering
· Chevrolet Corvair 60th Anniversary –Chevrolet Corvairs, built 1960 to 1969
· Ford Flathead V8 – Ford and Mercury vehicles manufactured between 1932 and 1953 with original Ford “Flathead V8” engines
· Jaguar – Grace. Space. Pace. The finest car of its class. Featuring the 60th Anniversary of the E-Type.
Applications to Exhibit are now being accepted by going to our Exhibiting page.
Criteria for vehicle acceptance include authenticity, condition, rarity, design, engineering and innovative features and historical merit. Please note that replicas, reproductions or modified vehicles will not be accepted. The application deadline is August 1st, 2021. Use the online application via the link above.