- This event has passed.
Forest Grove Concours d’Elegance
July 17, 2022
A Community Driven Concours
- In 1973 the Forest Grove Rotary Club created the Forest Grove Concours d’Elegance to raise funds for scholarships and community service projects.
- Held on the 3rd Sunday in July, on the campus of Pacific University in Forest Grove, Oregon (about 30 miles west of Portland). Over 300 antique, collector and special interest automobiles will be on display.
- The Concours has returned more than $1 million in projects to the community, which includes scholarships and financial aid to over 700 Washington County students to Pacific and other Universities.
- Hundreds of dedicated volunteers — young and young at heart, men and women, Rotary members, their families and non-Rotary workers — have spent a vast amount of time and effort to make the concours weekend a perennial success.
- The event features 52 classes of restored antique, classic and special interest cars. They are entered for judging, or just for display. Judging is based on quality and authenticity of restoration. Cars from every era of automotive history are represented, from the earliest horseless carriages to the latest sports cars.
- The setting for the Concours is the historic campus of Pacific University, founded in 1849. The tree shaded setting provides the perfect ambiance for walking among 300 of the finest vintage and collector automobiles.
2020 Forest Grove Concours canceled
From the chairman (4/10/2020):
To our Entrants, Sponsors, and Supporters,
With so much uncertainty right now about the coronavirus situation and when people will be able to gather again safely, the Steering Committee of the Forest Grove Concours d’Elegance has made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s event, scheduled for Sunday, July 19. We will refocus our energies toward planning for the next event in July 2021.
This is a tough decision, but we do not want to compromise the safety of entrants, judges, spectators, volunteers, or vendors. The Concours is made possible by collector car owners, Rotary Club volunteers, and sponsors from the community, and many of these supporters are focused on staying safe and keeping their businesses running during this crisis. The Forest Grove Concours is a celebration of automobiles, and we feel July will be too soon to gather under the trees at Pacific University in large numbers.
Our fundraising efforts continue, and we encourage our supporters to donate at this link. Each year, the net proceeds from the Concours d’Elegance fund scholarships and community service projects. The Forest Grove Rotary Club has returned more than $1 million to the community, which includes direct support of various non-profit organizations, service projects, and scholarships to hundreds of Washington County high school students heading to Pacific University and other institutions of higher education. The local community still depends on this support.
We appreciate the hard work of the Steering Committee, volunteers who donate their time, the enthusiasm of the car owners, and the many sponsors that support our event.
We hope you are safe through these uncertain times, and we appreciate your continued support for 2021. We will see you on Sunday, July 18, 2021.